Subject: RE Year Group: Y8
How does Ramadan & the Hajj help Muslims to develop self-discipline in their everyday life?
To look at how self- discipline is found in key Muslim beliefs and practices.
How does the Qur’an reveal the will of Allah?
To look at the holy book of Islam and how it impacts on the lives of believers.
SOUTHCOTE STEPS ASSESSMENT
- Can hear and use some basic religious key words.
- Can respond to questions about religious events or experiences.
- Can take part in activities involving two or three other learners.
- Can engage in moments of individual reflection.
- Can recognise key parts of a religious story.
- Can recognise a religious leader from a faith community.
- Can recognise some common religious symbols.
- Can recognise a place of worship.
- Can recognise a holy book.
- Shows an awareness of right and wrong.
- Can listen to, and begin to respond to familiar religious stories, poems and music.
- Can recall key parts of a religious story.
- Can relate a key story to something from their own experience.
- Can recognise a religious ritual or ceremony.
- Can select the correct name for a religious leader from a local faith group.
- Can select the correct name for a place of worship.
- Can select the correct name for a holy book.
- Can show concern and sympathy for other in distress, for example, through gestures, facial expressions or by offering comfort.
- Can express and communicate their feelings in different ways.
- Is aware of their own influence on events and other people.
- Can indicate if they agree or disagree with a simple argument.
- Can listen and follow religious stories.
- Can identify some religious objects and places.
- Can evaluate their own work and behaviour in simple ways.
- Can communicate their ideas about religion, life events and experiences in simple phrases.
- Can identify some actions as right or wrong based on consequences.
- Can find out about aspects of religion through stories, music or drama, answer questions and communicate responses.
- Can communicate their feelings about what is special to them.
- Can understand that other people have needs and to respect these.
- Can recognise a similarity and difference.
- Can express what is important to them.
- Can ask a relevant question during lessons.