Subject: Food Technology Year Group: 7
Food and Drink
SOUTHCOTE STEPS ASSESSMENT
1. Use key words to describe taste.
2. Puts on an apron when appropriate.
3. Rolls up sleeves when appropriate.
4. Shows an awareness of safety issues associated with items used.
5. Demonstrate an awareness of the purpose of a variety of objects.
6. Selects tools appropriate for the task.
7. Select processes appropriate for making.
8. Discuss what they are going to do.
9. Give a reason for what they are going to do.
10. Compare outcomes.
11. Compare processes.
12. Know that changes occur due to their actions.
13. Correctly use comparative terms. - Top/bottom - Big/small - Hot/cold
1. Know some foods are good for you.
2. Know some foods are bad for you.
3. Know that we need to eat a variety of foods.
4. Sort objects by texture.
5. Identify a safety issue.
6. Explain: - how - why.
7. Answer questions about what they are doing.
8. Collect utensils for a purpose.
9. Consider what might happen.
10. Tell others about what they think of their own work.
11. Use appropriate vocabulary to tell others about their work.
12. Classify foods by taste and texture.
13. Describe what they like and dislike.
14. Correctly use comparative terms. - Top/bottom - Big/small - Hot/cold