Pupils to demonstrate speaking and listening skills
- Ask questions.
- Accept questions.
- Ask considered questions.
- Responds appropriately to questions.
- Say what each member has done/contributed
- Talk about main points of a presentation/story.
- Group discussion and interaction.
- Discuss the task that a group has to do.
- Reports the results of an investigation to the class.
- Makes sure everyone has a turn.
- Answers questions from a peer in class.
- Explain to the audience an experience.
- Show awareness of appropriateness of presentation.
- Reflective learning – assess themselves and others.
- Adjust to arrange of social contexts by appropriate and sensitive behaviour
SOUTHCOTE STEPS ASSESSMENT
Looks at a peer when talking to them.
Responds to a peer.
Talk about what they have done.
Contributes and takes turns in a small group.
Listens in a small group.
Listens to peers while they are communicating.
Can explain how they completed a task.
Listens appropriately showing interest in a story.
Listens and responds to questions from peers.
Looks at the person who is speaking.